Are you passionate about reproductive and sexual healthcare? Are reproductive rights important to you? Join the Lovering Health Center’s clinical team!
We are looking for a pro-choice, enthusiastic addition to our team who will assist the clinical staff with carrying out daily tasks to provide excellent care to our community!
The Clinical Support Team Member is responsible, together with the Nurse Practitioner(s), Registered Nurse(s), Medical Director, Lab Director, Pharmacy Director and Executive Director, for ensuring that JGLHC (Health Center) provides quality health care that follows evidenced-based practice. This is a non-exempt, full time position. The Clinical Support Team Member is a member of the Core Staff Team.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks:
1. Maintain efficient clinical operations and patient care according to the policies and procedures of the organization.
2. Room patients and facilitate efficient clinical flow for one or more providers.
3. Ensure appropriate patient care coordination of lab and medical follow up.
4. Ensure accurate and timely inventory of clinical and laboratory supplies.
5. Assist the team to ensure that all NH and CLIA clinical regulatory and licensing regulations are met.
6. Perform chart preparation for NP and MD visits, including gathering necessary supporting documents for medical care.
7. Perform medical assistant tasks as scheduled including in laboratory, support and/or after care roles.
8. Participate in Quality Improvement activities.
9. Participate in the Exposure Control/Risk Management Plan for JGLHC.
10. Participate in the Infection Control Plan for JGLHC.
Qualifications and Requirements:
1. Current Certification/Registration in Medical Assisting or current RN / LPN licensure in NH.
2. Venipuncture, lab handling, equipment sterilization experience.
3. Current BLS/CPR certification.
4. Minimum 1 Years direct patient care experience, preferably in sexual and reproductive health setting.
5. Believes in the mission of JGLHC.
6. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
7. Ability to use the computer in the manner necessary to perform job responsibilities and to adapt to new technology needs as they arise.
8. Detail oriented, thorough, conscientious.
9. Flexible personality, ability to function well under pressure.
The usual environment is an indoor office setting. The work environment involves awareness of and adherence to strict security measures, has a high degree of office and public visibility and involves coordinating simultaneous projects. The employee may occasionally be exposed to environmental pollutants (e.g. Perfumes), outdoor weather and moderate noise. The employee may occasionally be asked to work overtime, evenings, weekends, or unpredictable schedules. The employee must be able to work regular hours as scheduled.
The employee must be physically able to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; balance; stoop, kneel or crouch; push and pull; carry and grasp; reach above shoulder height; bend and twist at the waist; walk on uneven ground; and lift a minimum of 10 pounds. Occasional travel is required to locations within state and to meetings and conferences out of state and the employee must be able to sit and ride in a vehicle and transport self to other locations with appropriate coordination of hands, eyes, and feet in response to visual stimuli; and drive in varying weather.
The employee must be able to talk on the telephone and in person in conversations or presentations that may involve individuals, small or large groups, and hear, write, and read. Vision requirements include close, distance, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The employee must be able to get along with others; meet deadlines and productivity standards, complete assignments and other paperwork in a timely manner; respond to varying situations with tact and diplomacy; react calmly and effectively in emergency situations; and remain flexible in changing circumstances and situations.
Equal Opportunity Employer with competitive wages, paid time off accrual, and additional benefits. The position is paid hourly, non-exempt. Interested candidates should submit a resume / CV via email to: LoveringED@jglhc.org