Abortion Clinic Near Nashua, NH
If you’re in need of an abortion, medication, or aspiration, the caring staff at Lovering Health Center are here to help you. We are a sexual and reproductive clinic in Greenland, NH providing wellness care, contraception, STI testing/treatment/prevention, abortion care, and more. We support folks feeling empowered to make choices about their bodies and their health. All abortion appointments include a mandatory education appointment beforehand, which is typically completed via telehealth. Medication abortion visits also include a mandatory follow up visit to ensure that you have passed all pregnancy tissue.
Medication Abortion Near Nashua, NH
One method of abortion offered at the Lovering Health Center is a medication abortion. Often called the abortion pill, this process includes the use of two medications that can effectively end a pregnancy. Here are some things to expect with a medication abortion from the Lovering Health Center:
- Medication abortions are available at Lovering up to 9 weeks and 6 days from the beginning of your last period.
- You will have an ultrasound performed at your abortion appointment to confirm your gestation. You do not need to see or hear anything about the ultrasound if you do not want to.
- Medication abortions are very safe. About 2-7 out of 250 people who have a medication abortion may need additional assistance to pass all of the pregnancy tissue with medications or an aspiration procedure. If a complication does occur, we will make a plan with you for follow up care.
- You will receive the medications, Mifepristone, and Misoprostol, at the clinic when you’re here for your appointment.
- The medication abortion process involves fairly heavy bleeding and cramping as you pass the pregnancy.
- Our full service fee, $500, for a medication abortion includes the ultrasound, lab work, and follow-up appointment. This is the cost if you do not have health insurance, or if your health insurance does not cover abortion care.
In Clinic Aspiration Abortion Near Nashua, NH
The other method of abortion offered at the Lovering Health Center is an in-clinic procedural abortion. Please know that while sometimes referred to as a “surgical abortion”, this procedure is not surgery. This method is also very safe and effective at ending pregnancies. Here is what you can expect from an in-clinic abortion at Lovering Health Clinic:
- In clinic abortion procedures are available at the Lovering up to 14 weeks and 6 days from the beginning of your last period.
- You will have an ultrasound at your abortion procedure appointment to confirm your gestation. You do not need to see or hear anything about the ultrasound if you do not want to.
- The nationwide complication rate for surgical abortions is also very low, at just under 2% of patients. If a complication does occur, we will make a plan with you for follow up care.
- The procedure generally takes between 5-15 minutes, but you should plan to be in the clinic for 3-5 hours on the day of your appointment.
- There are several options for pain control, which staff will go over with you. We do not offer IV sedation, so you will be awake during this procedure.
- Most patients feel moderate to heavy cramping during the procedure.
- The full-service fee is $500 for an aspiration abortion under 12 weeks gestation. If your gestation is 12 weeks or over, you will need an additional dose of a medication called misoprostol, and the cost increases to $615. This cost will cover your consultation appointment, lab work, ultrasound, and follow up appointment. This is the cost if you do not have health insurance, or if your health insurance does not cover abortion care.
Please note that if you are concerned about affording this care that there are opportunities for funding assistance. We will discuss this with you when you call to schedule. If you have further questions, please don’t hesitate to give us a call! We are here to talk you through this experience and make it as comfortable for you as possible.