New Hampshire Family Planning Medical Assistance Program
The purpose of this program is to improve the well being of children and families by reducing unintended pregnancies.
Through an application interview at the Joan G. Lovering Health Center, you can be certified to participate in this program. This program is for people who are not eligible for NH Medicaid, either because they have no children, they are pregnant or they do not meet the income limits. Call JGLHC for more information. Certification is effective immediately, if eligible and will provide coverage for up to one year.
For eligible women and men, it is your source for free and confidential family planning services and supplies and for STD testing and treatment.
Covered services are those for which the primary purpose is family planning and include:
- Office visits to receive family planning services, including an initial, annual or follow-up visit
- Birth Control/contraceptives (such as the “Pill”, the “Patch”, IUD or other methods
- Pregnancy testing
- Sexually Transmitted diseases (STD) testing and treatment
- HIV testing as part of the initial visit
- Tubal ligation and vasectomy
- Vaccinations to prevent cervical cancer
- Patient education and counseling
All services must be through the recommendation and care of a healthcare provider and must be provided at the Joan G. Lovering Health Center.
Please call for further information.
1-866-436-7588 toll free
Phone hours: Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm