The Joan G Lovering Health Center, formerly the Feminist Health Center of Portsmouth, is located in Greenland in an historic New Hampshire farmhouse. The cozy atmosphere and the professional staff will make you feel comfortable and cared for in a confidential and supportive medical setting. We have free parking in our lot behind the health center and our entrance is privately situated at the rear of the building.
We are the local provider for medication and surgical abortion care, STD/HIV testing and follow up, family planning, morning after pill and reproductive health care. We are community based, community run and community supported. Our board, advisory council and staff are locally recruited and represent the community we serve, both geographically and philosophically. We serve patients from all the seacoast in Maine, New Hampshire and northern Massachusetts.
- Bio-Identical Hormones
- Confidential HIV/AIDS counseling and testing for females and males.
- Contraception Education and Methods
- First Trimester Abortions, Surgical & by pill
- Gynecological Care (GYN)
- Menopause Health Care
- Morning After Pill (MAP)
- Pregnancy Testing & Options Counseling
- Sexually-transmitted disease (STD) clinics for men and women
How do clients feel about services received at the Joan G. Lovering Health Center?
- “The health care staff is very friendly, understanding, comforting and informative.”
- “The staff is professional. They create a calm, relaxed and supportive atmosphere.”
- “Confidentiality and safety is of their utmost concern.”
- “I made the decision to have an abortion and I was very nervous. The old farm house had a calming effect. The staff was sensitive and compassionate to all of my concerns.”